Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stuck Like Glue


Sometimes I like to hear myself type, the soft thud of the keyboard is strangely appealing. So just keep that in mind as I write the obvious in order to hear myself type.

Kat and I have spent virtually every moment of our day together since I arrived in Copenhagen on May 25th. We sleep side-by-side in a small tent, we read over coffee together every morning, we talk a lot about anything and everything. We don't really interact with many people other than ourselves in the course of a day while cycling. This must be what it feels like to have a twin sibling, there's just not a lot of separation.

And the amazing thing is that we don't really get on each other's nerves at all. There are times when I'm tired and grumpy and vice verse, but we've learned each other's moods and how to take it all in stride. It's been a long while since I've learned the ways of someone other than a family member so thoroughly. I can not imagine how this trip would progress if we didn't get along as well as we do; that field we traversed beside the autobahn would have been the absolute worst experience ever. So, traveling companions--chose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment