Thursday, May 28, 2009

We`ve Reunited

Oh my good lord. I finally have arrived in Copenhagen after three days of travel. Three days of the same socks. Three days of arrival gates. Three days of trying to sleep on industrial carpet.
Kat picked me up at the airport, which is undergoing renovation and getting all new wooden floors. I tried to put my bike back together, but surviving on very little sleep I forgot how to put the chain back on. I got everything else just fine but the chain is hanging on by a bungee chord and it`ll just have to wait till tomorrow.

Kat`s couch surfing with these two European stoner dudes (video games, reggae, lots of indoor plants) who are really nice. Kat commented on how she thinks it`s hard to be funny in a different language but that one of them (Toren) is rather successful at it. I have to agree with her on that point because American humor seems to mainly be derived from sarcasm and play on words. In order to be USA style funny you must have a good grasp of if you want to know the difference between an X and a Y chromosome you must pull their genes down (hahaha...their jeans!).

I finally got the lowdown on how Kat's been doing since she got to Copenhagen and it seems like we were both in the same shitty boat of luck. Got pick-pocketed on her way from the airport to downtown. They figured out a way to change her pin code and bought a shit load of stuff. Costs so much to call her CC customer service line in order to get it all worked out. No money in a seriously expensive town sucks. Sucks.

When traveling alone and shitty things happen is an awful feeling. That's when the panic sets in. But when traveling with a friend, it all seems way easier to handle. Strength in numbers and all. So both of us are terribly glad that we finally met up. Kat has the day off of her internship with Anne Black tomorrow and then Monday is a holiday, so we're going to take off on a long weekend-dry-run of our trip to the west coast of Denmark. Hopefully after some sleep I'll remember about my chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment