Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm Off!


I'm finally all packed. This is what I am taking for 2 1/2 months of good backpacker's style travel. I'll leave on Tuesday morning to fly to London and then on down to see my sister for a week in a little town above Barcelona, Spain. I'll be couch surfing for one night before I finally get to my sister and I've been informed the evening I arrive, we will be going to see the big soccer game between Barcelona and Manchester United. Haha, I kind of look forward to that.

Yesterday morning I called around to several bike stores around town to see how much it would cost to box my bike up for the airplane and if they could do it. Granted, it was Memorial Day but most of the places I called charged $40 and required scheduling a boxing a week prior to the pick-up day. I was like, "wha, wha, wha? It's a bike in a box!" Not to be confused with a dick in a box, which are two very different items requiring varying box sizes. Eventually Conner and I decided to box the bike up ourselves. University Cycles were awesome and just gave us a big box for free. Conner showed me how to take my bike all apart and then made me put it back together. Excellent idea.

I'll arrive in London tomorrow morning and then head on down to meet my sister in Spain for a week before meeting Kat in Copenhagen. While I'm in Spain I will put my bike in storage at the airport. Molly lives at the bottom of an extinct volcano in Olot (in between Barcelona and France and near the Pyrenees) and although Kat and I will be biking all over Europe this summer, I flaked out on some mountain cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment