Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things Are Now Calm In The State Of Denmark

It's amazing how little of life I can cope with on no sleep. After finally getting some rest on the plane to London and speaking with my momma who helped situate me with a new ticket to Copenhagen instead of trying to navigate seeing my sister in Spain, I feel much better and am ready to get this show on the road. Kat will meet me at the airport, we'll put my bike back together, and then we're going to bike around Copenhagen at night.

While I was standing in line in Atlanta trying to catch another plane to London, a family from Alabama were talking behind me. The mom was livid about missing their connections to Africa and she said something mean about the Delta staff but then countered with, "Oh I'm sorry, I'm just bein nasty". It was oddly comforting at the time because it's totally something my step-mother would do. And now, I preface this by saying, "sorry, I'm bein nasty"...

Oh, the British. On the way back from London the last time I was sitting next to this older man who was going to the US with his family for the first time. I was reading a book about student resistance during the Vietnam war and was highlighting and writing in the margins a lot. Towards the end of the flight he leaned over and said, "We were taught to never draw in our books." Hahaha, god he was sooo British! But damn, they do have a fabulous awkward humor (Extras, Shaun of the Dead, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment