Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation With A View

It takes me a while to fully relax; I'm always feeling like I should be working on one of my various projects. I suppose this was one of the reasons my solo-time in Athens was so difficult. I figured that since I just spent all my time by the pool, I might was well use my time to do research on my next project. I sought out the National Library hoping to find a couple English books on music. No such luck. All in Greek.

side note: I've begun to get a silly amount of pleasure out of the saying, "It's all Greek to me!" A silly amount.

After having been on Agistri for a couple days, I've finally relaxed. Being around Conner also helps: he's a pretty quiet guy who's perfectly happy to sleep, swim, and eat the day away. After spending several days on this very small, very chill island with him doing exactly these things, well, I've eased into them too. I feel like we spend a lot of time gazing out at the sea, with it's various shades of turquoise and the islands in the distance, and not really thinking much of anything-just enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment