Friday, August 7, 2009

Coastal Climbing

The other day Conner and I decided to do a little coastal hiking; got some physical activity in after days of lounging. Milos has a very rocky coastline punctuated here and there by stretches of sandy beaches, but for the most part it's largely made up of big boulders that have tumbled down the cliff into the sea.

The rough volcanic boulders are actually quite easy to scale with tennis shoes despite their size. While pretending that we were doing much more strenuous mountain climbing than we actually were. I noticed that Conner and I have vastly different climbing styles. He's more like a mountain goat; jumping around on long thin legs. I however, turn straight into the Nirvana baby; my whole body splays out to the four winds. I use my hands, slide down rock faces on my bum, rotate on my stomach to reach the next foothold.

Some of us are just far more graceful in some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment