Thursday, July 16, 2009

Died And Gone To Heaven

Holy Shit, I've died and gone to heaven!

Kat left this morning to fly home and I ventured on to Athens, Greece. Being with one other person for 5 weeks with no time apart - I kid you not - and to have them gone and then going to a country where I've never been and can't even read the alphabet, well, it's terribly unnerving. So in order to make the transition from cohabitation to being again, a "strong, young, independent woman", I felt like a needed some training wheels for that. In my yuppie-in-training mind this obviously meant to throw down for a really nice hotel and hibernate for a couple days before I feel strong enough to venture out once again and reclaim my adventurous spirit. I did some research and settled on Hotel Fresh : Athens Design Hotel.
It's freaking awesome! I'm on the 8th floor, everyone has their own balcony and mine faces the Acropolis, they have a sauna and a steam bath, a rooftop pool. Sigh. I plan to employ all of these services to the fullest extent tomorrow and then I feel confident that I will quickly regain my mojo. Plus, I am supposed to be working on some scarf designs for my mom and I have yet to begin them. Tomorrow is the day.

Athens has a lovely transit system they put in place for the Olympics several years back. After visiting Croatia, I totally appreciate having it be super straight forward as to how to get around. Nothing like getting to the airport and then being stuck waiting for a bus that was supposed to come in 10 minutes but yet still has not come in 2 hours. When you can smell the ocean but only see the black tarmac, well, it sucks. But anyhow.

The hotel has computers and Internet that are at my disposal and so I shall be catching up on so many missed stories. Yay! Mojo returns!

No comments:

Post a Comment