Friday, July 17, 2009

Breaking Through To The Yellow Side

Ah, ha, ha...ok, bad. That was bad, I know.

Kat and I took the opportunity to "work through" a couple things on this trip. Mine was to figure out what my new five-year plan is to be. Being 26, I feel like it's high time to get my act together and you know, get a 'real' job or at least start down that road-I say this what the same feeling as, "Aw, Mom, do I have to clean my room?" Kat wanted to work on living in the here and now. Kat quote: "Forget the ants, focus on the State Of Now Kathleen." Both objectives are slowly being reached to one degree or another, however, there are other things we have improved about ourselves as well.

Apparently for years Kat has been unable to pee without the faucet running and absolutely no one around. Spending so much time on the road, and most of that on scenic bike paths, peeing in nature with one of us acting as a look-out makes Kat's previous peeing requirement obsolete. Even through she was beginning to get a stomach ache from how bad she had to go, she couldn't as we rode up the coast of Denmark. But by the time we reached Dusseldorf, I am happy to report that it is an issue of a bygone Kat-ian era. Haha, ok, that was a bit of an over-share, I admit.

Oh! While I am on this most ridiculous subject, I forgot to mention that in Amsterdam they had such a problem with the lack of public bathrooms, drunk tourists, and an overflow of late-night peeing on the sides of buildings that they put in "public urinals".
But they're only for men and you just pee up against the make-shift wall. Ah! Even though we know how to pop-a-squat really well now, this isn't going to help Kat nor I for any late-night drinking. We saw some men in bright orange jumpsuits cleaning one of these with scrub brushes while we were in Amsterdam. I think that has to be one of the more unpleasant jobs in that town.

No comments:

Post a Comment